Head: Univ.-Prof. Dr. Klaus Lieb
Dr. Andrea Chmitorz, MPH, postdoc
Dr. Donya A. Gilan, psychologist
Dr. Isabella Helmreich, psychologist
Gesche Janzarik, PhD student
Svenja Kamp, Master student
Angela Kunzler, PhD student
Paul Ludolph, physician
Dr. Jessica Mattivi, physician
Dr. Florian Müller-Dahlhaus, senior physician
Dr. Stefanie Wagner, psychologist, postdoc
Dr. Julia Inthorn, Institute for History, Theory and Ethics in Medicine, UM Mainz
The Lieb group is working on 3 topics: 1) Based on the methods of the Cochrane Collaboration, it creates systematic reviews and metaanalyses on resilience mechanisms and resilience-promoting interventions, thus providing a knowledge base for the DRZ as well as external scientists. 2) It develops psychotherapeutic, pharmacological and other interventions for the promotion of resilience, which are based on resilience mechanisms identified in our long-term studies and in cooperation with other working groups of the DRZ. Such interventions include among others closed-loop neurostimulation procedures, sports and online psychotherapy programs. 3) It critically reflects ethical and theoretical implications of the resilience concept and the effects of resiliency-promoting measures and examines the effects of pharmacological cognitive enhancement on individual resilience.
Current research projects:
- Long-term studies for the detection of resilience factors and the investigation of resilience mechanisms
- Systematic reviews and metaanalyses on effective resilience interventions in collaboration with the Cochrane Collaboration
- Development of psychotherapeutic interventions for the promotion of resilience, including online procedures
- Development of innovative non-invasive brain stimulation procedures and pharmacological interventions for the promotion of resilience
- Impact of pharmacological cognitive enhancement on resilience
- Medical ethics and theory of resilience research
External collaboration partners:
- Prof. Dr. Dr. Andreas Franke, University of Applied Sciences Neubrandenburg, Neubrandenburg, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Dirk Lehr, Leuphania University Lüneburg, Lüneburg, Germany
- Dr. Geraldine MacDonald, Cochrane Collaboration, CDPLP Group, Bristol, UK
- Prof. Dr. Norbert Paul, Institute for History, Theory and Ethics in Medicine, Mainz, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Ulf Ziemann, Department of Neurology, Hertie-Institute for Clinical Brain Research, Tübingen, Germany
- German Research Foundation
- German Ministry of Education and Research
- Ministry of Science of Rheinland Palatinate, Germany
- Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation
- Chmitorz A, Kunzler A, Helmreich I, Tüscher O, Kalisch R, Kubiak T, Wessa M, Lieb K: Intervention studies to foster resilience – a systematic review and proposal for a resilience framework in future intervention studies. Clin Psychol Review, in press.
- Franke AG, Roser P, Lieb K, Vollmann J, Schildmann J (2016) Cannabis for Cognitive Enhancement as a New Coping Strategy? Results From a Survey of Students at Four Universities in Germany. Subst Use Misuse 51(14):1856-62.
- Franke AG, Gränsmark P, Agricola A, Schühle K, Rommel T, Sebastian A, Balló HE, Gorbulev S, Gerdes C, Frank B, Ruckes C, Tüscher O, Lieb K (2017) Methylphenidate, modafinil, and caffeine for cognitive enhancement in chess: A double-blind, randomised controlled trial. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 27(3):248-260.
- Helmreich I, Kunzler A, Chmitorz A, König J, Binder H, Wessa M, Lieb K (2017) Psychological interventions for resilience enhancement in adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev Issue 2. Art. No.: CD012527. DOI: 10.1002/14651858.CD012527.
- Premoli I, Rivolta D, Espenhahn S, Castellanos N, Belardinelli P, Ziemann U, Müller-Dahlhaus F (2014) Characterization of GABAB-receptor mediated neurotransmission in the human cortex by paired-pulse TMS-EEG. Neuroimage 103:152-162.