Head: Univ.-Prof. Dr. Klaus Lieb
Manpreet Blessin, PhD student
Dr. Andrea Chmitorz, MPH, postdoc
Dr. Donya A. Gilan, psychologist
Dr. Isabella Helmreich, psychologist
Gesche Janzarik, PhD student
Svenja Kamp, Master student
Angela Kunzler, PhD student
Paul Ludolph, physician
Dr. Jessica Mattivi, physician
Dr. Florian Müller-Dahlhaus, senior physician
Dr. Stefanie Wagner, psychologist, postdoc
Sophie Walter, PhD student
Dr. Julia Inthorn, Institute for History, Theory and Ethics in Medicine, UM Mainz
The Lieb group is working on 3 topics: 1) Based on the methods of the Cochrane Collaboration, it creates systematic reviews and metaanalyses on resilience mechanisms and resilience-promoting interventions, thus providing a knowledge base for the DRZ as well as external scientists. 2) It develops psychotherapeutic, pharmacological and other interventions for the promotion of resilience, which are based on resilience mechanisms identified in our long-term studies and in cooperation with other working groups of the DRZ. Such interventions include among others closed-loop neurostimulation procedures, sports and online psychotherapy programs. 3) It critically reflects ethical and theoretical implications of the resilience concept and the effects of resiliency-promoting measures and examines the effects of pharmacological cognitive enhancement on individual resilience.
Current research projects:
- Resilience factors in a diachronic and intercultural perspective (scroll down on target page)
- Long-term studies for the detection of resilience factors and the investigation of resilience mechanisms
- Systematic reviews and metaanalyses on effective resilience interventions in collaboration with the Cochrane Collaboration
- Development of psychotherapeutic interventions for the promotion of resilience, including online procedures
- Development of innovative non-invasive brain stimulation procedures and pharmacological interventions for the promotion of resilience
- Impact of pharmacological cognitive enhancement on resilience
- Medical ethics and theory of resilience research
External collaboration partners:
- Dr. Alexandra Busch, Römisch-Germanisches Zentralmuseum (RGZM), Leibniz-Forschungsinstitut für Archäologie, Mainz, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Dr. Andreas Franke, University of Applied Labour Studies (UALS), Mannheim, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Dirk Lehr, Leuphana University Lüneburg, Lüneburg, Germany
- Dr. Geraldine MacDonald, Cochrane Collaboration, CDPLP Group, Bristol, UK
- Prof. Dr. Norbert Paul, Institute for History, Theory and Ethics in Medicine, Mainz, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Rolf van Dick, Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Ulf Ziemann, Department of Neurology, Hertie-Institute for Clinical Brain Research, Tübingen, Germany
- German Research Foundation
- German Ministry of Education and Research
- Ministry of Science of Rhineland Palatinate, Germany
- Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation
- Leibniz Association
- Bagusat C, Kunzler A, Schlecht J, Franke AG, Chmitorz A, Lieb K (2018) Pharmacological neuroenhancement and the ability to recover from stress – a representative cross-sectional survey among the German population. Substance Abuse Treatment, Prevention, and Policy 13(1)37. doi: 10.1186/s13011-018-0174-1
- Chmitorz A*, Kunzler A*, Helmreich I, Tüscher O, Kalisch R, Kubiak T, Wessa M, Lieb K (2018) Intervention studies to foster resilience – a systematic review and proposal for a resilience framework in future intervention studies. Clin Psychol Rev 59:78-100. *Equal contr.
- Wagner S, Engel A, Engelmann J, Herzog D, Dreimüller N, Müller MB, Tadic A, Lieb K (2017) Early improvement as a resilience signal predicting later remission to antidepressant treatment in patients with Major Depressive Disorder: Systematic review and meta-analysis. J Psychiatr Res 94:96-106.
- Franke AG, Gränsmark P, Agricola A, Schühle K, Rommel T, Sebastian A, Balló HE, Gorbulev S, Gerdes C, Frank B, Ruckes C, Tüscher O, Lieb K (2017) Methylphenidate, modafinil, and caffeine for cognitive enhancement in chess: A double-blind, randomised controlled trial. Eur Neuropsychopharmacol 27(3):248-260.
- Helmreich I*, Kunzler A*, Chmitorz A, König J, Binder H, Wessa M, Lieb K (2017) Psychological interventions for resilience enhancement in adults. Cochrane Database Syst Rev Issue 2. Art. No.: CD012527. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD012527. *Equal contr.
- Franke AG, Roser P, Lieb K, Vollmann J, Schildmann J (2016) Cannabis for Cognitive Enhancement as a New Coping Strategy? Results From a Survey of Students at Four Universities in Germany. Subst Use Misuse 51(14):1856-62.
- Premoli I, Rivolta D, Espenhahn S, Castellanos N, Belardinelli P, Ziemann U, Müller-Dahlhaus F (2014) Characterization of GABAB-receptor mediated neurotransmission in the human cortex by paired-pulse TMS-EEG. Neuroimage 103:152-162.